Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Pasaka!

Happy Pasaka everybody!

Today started off with an early church service during which I had no idea what was going on because it was a Catholic service in a foreign language, so I basically spent my time making faces at the cutest little munchkins decked out in their Sunday bests.  The church was decorated with bright streamers and the singing and dancing was incredible.  Yet another time when I wish it wasn’t so culturally inappropriate to take pictures…

Then we went on a hike up a waterfall which was quite difficult and included Bura (the best askari ever!) lifting us up in some places in order to get up some of the boulders.  But overall it was one of the best hikes I have been on here, or anywhere for that matter.

Beautiful view

Bura and I

Rachel, me and Crossley

typical


And lastly, everyone spends time with their family on Easter…well usually.  Since the 29 of us have become so close doing everything together for the past 3 months they really have become my family…dysfunctional as it is.  But we decided to give each other roles for dinner.  Some of them included the great grandma whose spouse just passed, the aunt and uncle who are a lawyer and a doctor, the crazy cat lady, the two 5 year old twins, the foreign exchange student, and more.  I was given the role of being the 23 year old who is pregnant with no “baby daddy”.  Not really quite sure why that role was given to me but it was awesome to “eat for two” at dinner, and dress up!  So overall it was a ton of fun, and the staff now officially think we are crazy.  Mission accomplished.



Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. that would officially be the largest baby ever. like... ever.

    I MISS YOU!!!

    allie

    ps happy pasaka :)

    ReplyDelete