Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eternally Grateful

Today I received a message from one of my best friends in the entire world and although it sounds like it is from a camp person a little bit, it's not, but it makes me love it all the more.  And from reading this message I've once again been reminded how grateful I am for the beautiful life that I have.  I am grateful for having the opportunity to travel, as it is probably my favorite thing to do in the entire world.  I am grateful for being able to get an education and a paying job.  I am grateful for Clara Barton Camp and all the friends and support it has given me.  I am grateful for my ability to not be stressed out (most of the time).  I am grateful for music, because I love it.  I am grateful for little munchkins that are either just too cute for words or so wonderfully sassy and lovely that you don't want to leave their side.  I am grateful for the University of San Diego and for it allowing me to make many friends and have such a different experience.  At the same time I am eternally grateful for Tolland, CT, particularly Tolland High, for giving me a strong sense of community and for allowing me to build friendships that I know will last a lifetime.  I am grateful for my family and for all the support they give me.  I am grateful for ice cream and all other delicious foods and the fact that they are almost always available.  I am grateful that I have not been affected by any natural disasters.  I am grateful for THS basketball and for giving me some of my best memories during high school and for teaching me to be a leader.  I am forever grateful for my beautiful baby sister and for her putting up with me ditching her all the time.  I am grateful for diabetes and how it has made me so much stronger and to appreciate life and of course the whole diabetes community.  But most of all I am eternally grateful for all of my incredible friends.  They have been there through all the crazy life choices I have made and continue to support me even during my rampages.  And there is no way I can pay them back for all they have done, but for all its worth.  Thank you.


And here is the sweet, hysterical, beyond lovely message that I got that made me realize just how important my friends are to me...and always will be.  





i love reading your blog! i am so glad you are having such a great time.. I feel like you are at camp only 10 times better and now it includes zebras :)

OH and a comment on the brushing your teeth thing... SO i think that I have become quite knowledgeable on the subject.. i mean i am a wannabetic! sooo.. THAT is so RUDE!.. i had never heard that! and I have no idea who would say that... ANYWAYS... there is this girl that lives in idk where.. not important... and she is in a sorority and her philanhropy is the diabetes association bla bla.. i dont know.. anyways they have bake sales... and she said that people always ask them.. "you are selling cookies for the diabetes association?" and i FLIPPED out! i was like.. HEY! THEY CAN EAT ALL THE COOKIES IN THE WORLD IF THEY WANTED TO! i left the part where you have to actually take shots for you not to go into a sugar coma but yeah... so she was like ..huh! and i was like YEAH!! so i talked about how i was an awesome roommate and learned that diabetes was actually contagious and i was trying to catch it...

hope that made sense!:)
bottom line.. i love you and its ok to hate diabetes once in a while.. but remember that you are awesome and that you are a champ and i hope you are still brushing your teeth:) 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a wonderful blog post... probably my fave so far :) You're so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very grateful for you and all the joyful memories you have gifted to me. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete