Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finals, say what?

So the past 4 days have been dedicated to finals/midterms/I have no idea what they are.  They are worth 35-40% of our grades but we have another set of tests in a month in Tanzania...so make what you want of them.  2 days of studying, 2 days of finals.  Well that was what was supposed to happen at least.  So studying....not my forte.  Procrastinator I think is an understatement.  Unfortunate, I realize.  But this time around it was a lot more fun than usual.  Like I didn't put it off for hours on end, well I did but not as many hours as usual.  Having 28 study partners for all of your classes is very convenient especially when out of a group that large there is bound to be someone who takes good notes...or even notes at all.  Also, having 20 people split a study guide makes it be created in like 4 seconds flat.  (that was an awkwardly worded sentence but I'm too lazy to fix it)  Moral of the story, studying and exams are actually wicked fun in Africa!  A couple of my favorite moments:

1. Tome (our man vs. wild professor): Even if you don't have any sort of idea what the answer to the question is at least write something.  That way I can interpret it to pick out the best things.
-to which I say.... Dear Tome, please put your interpreting skills to work when you grade mine.  Love                   always, Arianna

2. Right before our first exam one of my classmates Cooper puts this song on full volume on his laptop.  "Don't worry, bout a thing. Every little thing is gonna be alright" (at least I think those are the words)

3. The following statements were on some study guides

-This program is like a Mom.  She gives dual and equal love to her babies: biodiversity and development
-Important to provide tangible benefits to the local community aka. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!
-High potential to earn money from rich, fat, white European people (tourism)
-why was PRA adopted?  A whole bunch of other methods that were tried bombed.  Might as well switch it up, ya know?
-PRAs are like aquatic ninja warriors: they'll mess you up no matter where you are
-be flexible: roll with the punches, float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
-because it's ethical YA GERK
-make observations, hypotheses (scientific method, yo)

So these "finals or whatever you call it" were actually not anywhere near miserable and I think I did pretty well as long as some interpretation goes on.  And on a completely different note, Congrats to Sierra on rocking it at girl dancer in Guys and Dolls!!!! I'm positive you were the best one! Love you!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your break....because it's ethical YA GERK (what???)

    ReplyDelete