Thursday, March 3, 2011

Community Service

Yesterday we had our community service day which consisted of planting 300 trees at the primary school.  Although I have never been so dirty in my entire life it was once again a reminder that I LOVE KIDS! Okay, so with that being said we had to use our hands most of the time because there weren’t very many tools.  And guess who got stuck with the manure job?  Yup, it was just as disgusting as it sounds.  However, I was one of the only ones that got to wash their hands before lunch so that was thrilling!  But as you probably know the best part of the day was playing with the kids!  Now usually I prefer the sassy teenagers, mostly so I can sass them back.  But this time I had the best time in the entire world playing with kids ages 6-10.  They are seriously the cutest things I’ve ever seen.  I’m not even sure how it started but I got into a copycat game with an enormous amount of children (pictures below) and although the kids loved it I’m pretty sure I got more of a kick out of it.  It then turned into a parade later on in the day and then a large circle.  It was pretty crazy, especially because they don’t understand English.  During the copycat game I had them saying “say what”, “that’s right”, and “yea man” which I was pretty proud of myself for.  Although the video is epic, it can’t be uploaded due to the minimal internet, but hopefully a couple pictures will suffice.  And now I’m considering a new career.  Being a dolphin just doesn’t seem to be cutting it anymore.  Not enough kids involved…








3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures!! The kids seem so attentive and joyful. And you have the perfect personality to teach and inspire young children. Love you and admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO arianna, there are so many kids around you they look like they're going to crush you with joy :)
    ps...consider a career as a therapy dolphin for kids. just a thought haha :)
    LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious!!! I love you tons and im sooooo glad that your having a blast.
    xoxoxo
    kate

    ReplyDelete