Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dearest Rafiki

Dear Rafiki,

I know we have never officially met, but I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you for years.  Ever since our meeting, arranged by the Lion King, in 1993 I have been completely and utterly obsessed with you.  Some may call it disturbing, but I call it love.  I have been waiting for years, hoping with all I have that one day I would be able to see your jaw dropping beauty, even if from afar.  I looked for you in Costa Rica but I couldn't find you.  But I didn't take offense so don't worry.  I realize it was short notice.  I applied for the East Africa program in order to show you I care and that I am putting an effort into our relationship.  I wished on every shooting star that you would grace me with your presence here at least once in my four month visit.  And yet you turned out to be the best friend I've always dreamed of and one that I can always rely on.  Thanks for visiting me on my first day here and continuing to come out and play on my nature hikes.  I really appreciate the quality time spent gazing at your every move.  You've inspired me to start climbing trees and running on all fours.  I can't tell you how much it means to me for me to count on being able to stare at that cute little face that everyone else seems to think always looks pissed off.  Don't worry though, it doesn't.  They are just jealous of your magnificence.  One last thing before I leave you til tomorrow.  Please don't be afraid of me.  Although you often like to play face off games with people I'm not really into that.  I promise I won't hurt you so please stop running away from me.  It makes me sad.  And sorry for thinking that you were a log.  I have bad vision.  Can't wait to see your sunshine face and sassy butt tomorrow.  You better be there cuz I will.  6:30 behind the bandas.  It's a date.  Love always...and forever, Arianna   











2 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking pics! "No worries for the rest of your days!" Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile and laugh. You are phenominal. I am jealous you get to meet possibly the greatest creature on this planet. And in one of the pictures, I freaked out for two seconds because I thought the two rocks were lions. Whoops! But its all good, I figured it out. I can tell your having a blast, keep on blogging!!

    ReplyDelete