Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfect

The past few nights I've decided to go on a hike around the campus before dinner, mostly to see the bush babies hanging out in a certain tree every night at 6:30.  Also, for a little bit of alone time considering the amount of time we spend together.  But Africa is always full of surprises and I have seen the most incredible sunsets and luckily I brought my camera on the last two so that I could share them with you.  I've never been super into sunsets.  Sure they are pretty and relaxing and even romantic if you will.  It is not to say that I didn't enjoy them, but they never seemed to catch my eye the way they do now.  I'm not really sure what is different about the sunsets here.  Maybe it's the Lion King feel of the Acacia Umbrella trees.  Or maybe it is the bright colors standing out from the brown brush from the drought.  Or maybe it is the fact that you can see for miles out in the distance.  Or maybe, just maybe, it's that end of the day, what could be more perfect than listening to the birds, watching the sunset, keeping an eye out for zebra herds kind of feeling that I just hope will stay with me forever.  I hope that every sunset I see for the rest of my life brings back the memories of Africa and that every day will feel as perfect as these do.  Because right now I can't think of anything better than this.




Love my bandamate Ana!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...if they are this beautiful to look at it must be breathtaking to be there! We would love to have the last one hanging in our house to look at every day...(you would have a waiting list for a copy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making me cry. Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey its madeline from camp!!! i borrowed your pics for an english project and got an A!!! thanks!! miss yaaa

    ReplyDelete