Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Safari!!!

So I went on my first safari in Amboseli National Park, no big deal.  It was supposed to be science or something but I came up with the brilliant idea of having half hour shifts on our land cruiser on recording data.  And by data I mean the number of elephants and their habitat type...okay I guess we recorded other mammals too.  It was the coolest thing ever.  We stood out of the hatches with the bright sun shining on us (don't worry, I used sunscreen) for 5 hours and to be honest, I actually got a little tired of counting the zebra herds.  Never thought that would happen.  The coolest things we saw were: elephants (one crossed the road right in front of us), lionesses, ostriches, gazelles, zebra, wildebeest, giraffes, baboons and hippos!!! It was absolutely incredible and our group was named Team Awesome Fuzzy Zebra.  We loved how the baby zebras were tinted brown and looked a little fuzzy haha.  I also taught everyone repeat after me camp songs in the hour car ride to the park. The favorites were Tarzan and The Princess Pat so that was exciting!  In case you can't read my excitement take a look at these pics and you won't be able to contain yourselves....unless you hate animals that is.

There were hundreds and we had to count them all.
Only the coolest animal on Earth!

A bad picture, but LIONS!

Rafiki and Rafiki Jr.
Hey Pumba!
From left to right: Julia, Juanita and Jelly Bean.


These hang out in my backyard sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing safari adventure. It must be so stunning and surreal to see everything in person!

    ReplyDelete