Saturday, February 12, 2011

Usually I have class next to floating mountains...

I figured I would make my first academic update, considering that is the "main reason" I am here.  We have about 5-6 hours of class every day, including weekends.  So much for the typical study abroad program.  Most of the time the classes are pretty interesting but they seem to drag on sometimes.  Especially because our main classroom is attached to the kitchen so I'm always so hungry when the smell wafts in.  And of course there is that thing called heat.  It makes me sleepy.  Overall I love the professors.  I'm pretty obsessed with one of them and they are so unbelievably brilliant.  They can answer almost any question and talk for hours without any notes.  It's incredible.  Also, they are all trilingual which I am super jealous of considering I have trouble speaking English and then only pretend to speak Spanish and Swahili.  We have our first assignments coming up for intro to hakuna matata we have to write a letter in swahili, for zookeeping 101 we have a worksheet (which to be honest I have no idea what it is on), for elephant relationships we have an exercise on species richness, evenness, population growth models, life tables and all that other fun stuff (thanks to marine ecology I'm all over that one), and for man vs wild we have like 40 page papers to read every night which surprise surprise I am behind on.  And when I say behind I mean I haven't started....oops.  But for the more fun stuff I would like to show you a couple of my classrooms.  I used to think that the beach views outside of the classrooms were enough.  Now, I think not.  Nothing gets better than awesome friends, incredible teachers, brilliant landscapes and floating mountains.  Except for riding an ostrich...

Elephant relationships class

Break time!

Man vs Wild class

Floating mountains are my favorite

Sometimes the views distract me...
We always have visitors in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment